St Louise’s Centre, Glenmaroon comprises of nine specially designed bungalows providing 54 private bedrooms, and a Day Care Centre and Restaurant. These complete the move from the nearby older Glenmaroon and Knockmaroon Houses and Oznam Villas used by the service since 1950.
The completion of this centre marked the move from the nearby older Glenmaroon and Knockmaroon Houses and Oznam Villas used by the service since 1950. The project was delivered by the Daughters of Charity Service Disability Support Service with €4 million funding from RESPECT and matching Capital Assistance Grants from Fingal County Council and Government.
Each new bungalow has 6 bedrooms, specialised bathrooms, living accommodation and staff facilities and its own small courtyard garden.
HRH Princess Anne, Patron of the Wooden Spoon Charity in England made a trip over from the UK to attend the opening of the Nine Bungalows and the Day Care Centre at Glenmaroon.
The completion of this project would not have been possible without the support and commitment of RESPECT supporters.